An accessible building
The Palais des congrès’ facilities are accessible to everyone with reduced mobility and have been Total Access-rated by Kéroul, a well-known organization dedicated to promoting tourism and culture for people with restricted physical ability.
Amenities include access ramps, lifts, TDD phone signage, electric washroom doors, and visual and audible emergency warning signals.
If you’re planning to visit the Palais in a wheelchair, please read the information on our Access page. Places are reserved in our parking for permit holders.
Accessibility is also about being attentive to individual needs. Our staff is trained to provide a level of service that is personalized, including at the box office during consumer shows. In addition, the Palais is equipped with FM assistive listening devices for the hearing impaired and a TTY service.
As part of its continuous improvement process, the Palais always ensures it is in lockstep with the latest Canadian and U.S. accessibility standards (Americans with Disabilities Act), and also with the Québec Building Code and the Québec Act to Secure Handicapped Persons in the Exercise of Their Rights with a View to Achieving Social, School and Workplace Integration.
A friendly and attentive welcome
The Palais enjoys an invaluable track record when it comes to hosting events requiring special attention, suited to the needs of visitors and participants with reduced mobility. This includes successfully hosting:
- The 2010, 2011 and 2012 Special Olympic Festival– 1,000 participants
- 13th Biennial International Conference, International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (ISAAC) 2008 – 1,400 delegates
- The 9th International Conference on Low Vision 2008 – 1,800 delegates
- The 11th International Conference on Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled People 2008 – 1,200 delegates
- The 14th Congress of the World Federation of the Deaf 2003 – 2,000 delegates
- The 2013 Planetree Annual Conference – 500 delegates
- The 3rd World Parkinson Congress 2013 – 3,700 delegates
- Destinations for all World Summit 2014 - 300 delegates
- IMC 2015 - International Mobility Conference - 375 delegates