The Palais des congrès de Montréal is closely tracking the latest developments regarding the coronavirus, as well as any recommendations issued by the appropriate authorities, including the World Health Organization and the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC).
Providing you with a safe environment is our priority.
At present, the PHAC has assessed the risk associated with the virus as low for Canada.
What measures are in place at the Palais?
Right now, the focus is on prevention. The preventive measures currently in place at the Palais include:
- Several dispensers containing alcohol-based hand disinfectant stationed in public areas across the Palais;
- Posters in washrooms outlining proper and effective handwashing instructions;
- Increased housekeeping rounds for disinfecting shared surfaces;
- A committee assigned to tracking and monitoring the situation.
What can I do to reduce the risk of infection?
We urge you to follow the recommendations from public health agencies regarding hygiene measures you should be adopting:
- Wash your hands often with soap under warm running water for at least 20 seconds;
- Use an alcohol-based hand rub if soap and water are not available;
- Practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette by covering your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread of germs;
- If you use a tissue, dispose of it as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards;
- Avoid touching your face;
- Clean shared surfaces and items;
- Avoid contact with others if you are sick.
Where can I find more information?
Here are links to reliable sources to help you stay in lockstep with the latest news and developments:
- Government of Québec COVID 19 information line, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.: 1 877 644 4545
- Government of Canada COVID 19 information line: 1 833 784 4397