Montréal’s main centre for major events, the Palais des congrès de Montréal has an impressive track record. Right in the heart of the city that hosts the most international conventions in the Americas, the Palais has earned numerous awards and certifications, all the while consistently maintaining a customer satisfaction rate of nearly 93%.
Palais des congrès de Montréal
Excellence and quality
- AIPC Gold Quality Standards : International GOLD level certification awarded by the International Association of Convention Centres (AIPC). The program assesses a convention centre’s rigorous management, adherence to specific quality standards and level of interest in continuous improvement. It measures a convention centre’s quality and management performance in 10 areas: Customer Service, Quality of Facilities and Operations, Employee Relations, Health, Safety, Security and Emergency Response, Financial Integrity, Community Relations, Environmental Responsibility, Industry Relations and Supplier Relations.
- APEX Award 2017: Runner-up of the prestigious APEX Award in Recognition of the Highest Client Rating Received by a Convention Centre given by the International Association of Congress Centres (AIPC).
- IEEE Supporting Friend award 2018: The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) recognized the Palais des congrès de Montréal and Tourisme Montréal with a Supporting Friend award for the extraordinary assistance provided while hosting IEEE conferences and meetings. Montréal is the first destination, and the Palais des congrès is the first convention centre to receive this award.
- Meeting Industry Marketing Awards 2017
- Best Integrated Marketing Campaign, Silver Award
- Meeting Industry Marketing Awards 2013
- Best Direct Marketing Campaign, Bronze Award
- Best Brand Marketing Campaign, Bronze Award
- Best Marketing Team of the Year, Bronze Award
- Meeting Industry Marketing Awards 2012
- Best Direct Marketing Campaign, Silver Award
- Best Use of Budget, Silver Award
- AIPC Innovation Award 2017: Overall winner for the Palais' Urban agriculture Lab
- BOMA BEST: National environmental certification for existing buildings
- Mercuriades 2013: Finalist in the Sustainable Development category
- Mercuriades 2012: Finalist in the Increased Productivity and Sustainable Development categories
- Vivats 2013 : Winner in the Host Site category
- Ulysse 2012 : Winner in the Green Events category
- Montréal and the Palais are certified by iCompli Sustainability according to ASTM standards, a certification that solidifies the city’s reputation as a leading destination for hosting environmentally sustainable events.
- Ulysse 2015 : Special “convention services” award
- Named “Best High Tech Venue” in the Professional Convention Management Association’s 2014 Best in Show list
- DSE Apex Award 2014 : Gold award winner in the Event Venues category
- Digital Screenmedia Association Award 2014 : Winner in the Best Government/Education/Non-profit Digital Signage category
Employees of the Palais des congrès de Montréal
- Experient Supplier of the Year: In 2017, Karine Plamondon, Associate Director of
Event planning and Management, was nominated for Supplier of the Year by Experient, a global meeting and events management company
- Canadian Society of Association Executives Prix Maurice-Bleau: Awarded in 2014 to Suzie Roy of the Business Development team for her work and dedication to the tourism industry
- Gala Reconnaissance de la Journée nationale de l’industrie des réunions Supplier of the Year: The Business Development team’s Mylène Paré was awarded the 2016 award