Each year, the readers and editors of the Professional Convention Management Association vote for their top picks in 10 different categories. This year, the cutting-edge technology environment and innovative revenue generation opportunities at the Palais des congrès have earned Montréal’s convention centre a place of honour on PCMA’s 2014 Best in Show list in the category of “Best High Tech Venue”.
« They have done a wonderful job of integrating technology into their facility,” said Jacqui Sullivan, CMP, director of conferences for Absolute Conferences & Events in the August issue of Convene, « and have included opportunities for meeting planners to boost sponsorship revenues through their digital signage and Wi-Fi program. »
The Palais will soon complete a $5 million technological modernization project including:
• Improve the wireless and wired Internet networks so high-speed access is available anywhere in the Palais
• New website adapted to mobile devices, with rich content and unparalleled browsing experience
• E-commerce web platform for exhibitor
• Digital signage for broadcasting rich content tailored to each event
• Personalized event mobile application solutions
Planners and promoters can use these technologies to generate new sources of sponsorship revenue by:
• Digital display network of 90 high-definition 55-inch screens and a 90 sq. ft. (8.5 m2) video wall;
• Wi-Fi connection page;
The new mobile application allows events to generate new revenues through various additional tools (banners, contests, etc.).
To find about more about putting technology to work for your event, visit the Palais des congrès technology section.