The prestigious Multisector Strategic Taskforce made up of leaders from eight of Montréal’s key economic sectors held its first meeting on October 10. On the agenda for these seasoned executives were the strategies that need to be implemented to abet the process of bringing international conferences to Montréal, as well as topics specifically related to their respective fields. Ambassadors Club President Professor Hany Moustapha opened the meeting, during which the participants elaborated on the reasons behind the need for a taskforce that groups together representatives from Montréal’s key research hubs and main industry clusters.
The purpose of this recently formed committee of well-known influencers is to further entrench Montréal’s leadership in the eight sectors of the economy represented on the taskforce. The taskforce will also play a role in supporting the Palais in its efforts to sway international associations in the process of considering where to hold their next conference.
Our thanks, once again, to the members of this prestigious taskforce:
- Suzanne Benoît, President of Aéro Montréal
- Frank Béraud, Chief Executive Officer of Montréal InVivo
- Mathieu Charbonneau, Executive Director of CargoM
- James J. Clark, Professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of McGill University
- Fabrice Labeau, Interim Deputy Provost, Student Life and Learning, at McGill University
- Marie Larue, Chief Executive Officer of the Institut de recherche Robert-Sauvé en santé et en sécurité du travail
- Gilles Savard, Chief Executive Officer of IVADO
- Serge Marchand, Scientific Director of the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé
- Louise Poissant, Scientific Director of the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture
- Rémi Quirion, Chief Scientist of Québec and Interim Scientific Director of the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies