Planning a green event
The Palais des congrès cares for the environment. That’s why we’ve implemented an ambitious sustainable development plan. We are also certified BOMA-BESt level 3 from BOMA-Québec, the Canadian standard in evaluating energy and environment performance of commercial buildings. Montréal is also certified by iCompli Sustainability according to ASTM-APEX (Accepted Practices Exchange) standards, a certification that solidifies the city’s reputation as a leading destination for hosting environmentally sustainable events.
We will do everything we can to help you in your efforts to make your event energy-efficient, whether you want to sensitize your participants to their environmental impact or to obtain official certification for your event.
A well-planned event can reduce your footprint by:
- Minimizing landfill use
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions (GHG)
- Purchasing carbon credits to offset your GHG emissions
- Reducing at the source
Examples of actions that are easy to take:
- Promote public transportation during the event (bus, metro, Bixi)
- Limit the use of printing, favour emails and online registrations
- Buy local by purchasing everything you need for your event in Montréal
- Give participants a bag made from recycled material instead of a conference bag and include a reusable water bottle
- Use compostable or washable dinnerware.
Types of packages offered in partnership with the Conseil québécois des évènements écoresponsables (CQEER):
- EcoDiscovery GHG (Greenhouse gas)
- EcoDiscovery RMM (Residual materials management)
- EcoBoost = EcoDiscovery GHG + EcoDiscovery RMM
- EcoSummit, to obtain official classification in accordance with Québec's ecoresponsible events standard
À la carte services
- Ex: ÉcoBrigade, public transportation tickets or Bixi à la carte, GHG calculator
To plan your green event:
Download the EcoPackages document and contact one of our event organizers who will propose a personalized plan to help you reach your objectives.