1975 – A study on Montréal’s tourism potential sets the stage for the creation of the Palais des congrès
1977 – Construction of the Palais begins
1983 – Inauguration of the Palais, which welcomes its first events
Late 1990's – The government of Québec invests $290 million to finance the expansion of the Palais, allowing the convention centre to double its size
2002 – The Palais inaugurates its new contemporary, friendly, and infinitely global minded facilities
2011- 2012 – The Palais des congrès has welcomed a record of 368 events, 657,043 participants, generating 146,724 hotel room nights and more than $200,177,477 in economic spinoffs
To find out more about the Palais des congrès de Montréal’s history, visit the microsite commemorating the Palais’ 25th anniversary in 2008.
Montréal, premium destination for major international events
The Palais des congrès de Montréal contributes to Montréal’s international reputation and generates important intellectual and economic spinoffs for Québec by making the city and the Palais premium destinations for major international events.
In 2011, the international community awarded Montréal with the title of “Number One host city in America for international events” according to the International Union of Associations.
Mission of the Palais des congrès de Montréal
The mission of the Palais des congrès de Montréal is to attract and host conventions, exhibitions, consumer/trade shows, conferences, meetings and other events. A public institution with a commercial vocation, the Palais generates important economic and intellectual spin-offs for Québec and contributes to enhancing Montréal’s international reputation as a first-class destination.
We accomplish our mission by providing our clients and visitors:
- Quality services
- An exceptional environment
- A memorable experience
- Excellence, through our people and their performance, as well as the quality of our services and facilities
- Trust i.e. the fabric that defines the bond that exists between our employees, clients, and partners
- Respect, or a constant openness to the needs of people and the organizations they represent
- Teamwork, between our employees, and also our clients, partners, and suppliers
- Integrity, extending across everything we do and every member of our team