The Palais des congrès de Montréal held its 2018 Recognition Award Gala on November 8, and it was among its most festive, given the Palais’ 35th anniversary. The event was attended by Québec Minister of Tourism Caroline Proulx, Côte-Des-Neiges–Notre-Dame-de-Grâce Borough Mayor Sue Montgomery, also in attendance as acting mayor of Montréal for the occasion, and nearly 450 guests from the tourism, university and business communities, who all came to celebrate the work and dedication of 18 Ambassadors and 5 emerging researchers.
Hosted by Pierre Chastenay, the event and its gastronomic symphony also featured the kitchens of:
- Capital Catering, under the direction of Chef Simon Devost-Dulude and Jim Gohier
- Sheraton Centre Montréal, under the direction of Chef Alexandre Martin and Bertil Fabre
- Westin Montréal, under the direction of Chef Paul Little and Raymond St-Pierre
- Hyatt Regency Montréal, under the direction of Chef Sylvain Levaillant and Raymond Soumako
- Marriott Château Champlain, under the direction of Chef Richard Edwards and Joseph Klein
- Delta Hotel by Marriott Montréal, under the direction of Chef Ron Kneabone and Chantal Riopel
- InterContinental Montréal, with Chef Bertrand Jeanson and Sébastien Gagné in charge of operations
- Fairmont Queen Elizabeth, under the direction of Chef Baptiste Peupion and Anne-Marie Johns
Produced by the Palais des congrès, the 2018 Recognition Award Gala was made possible with the support of Tourisme Québec, Freeman Audio Visual Canada, Idées au cube, GES Canada, the Montréal International Auto Show, Tourisme Montréal, and Aéroports de Montréal.
A photo album of the event is posted on Flickr.